Jump for Joy Project
An International Photography Project by Eyoälha Baker
Sharing the joy of the human spirit in mid-air around the world
Eyoälha has spent six years taking photographs of people from all walks of life, jumping into the air to capture their unique essence and joyful energy. She then shares the photos as features online and with the community through large-scale public art murals which have garnered international praise and inspired people worldwide. Her images and writing have been published internationally, she was the inaugural Artist in Residence at the Palm Springs Cultural Center, and has spoken about her work on numerous occasions, including TEDx, PeaceLove, and Interesting Vancouver.
Definition of JOY
- the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires. Delight. The expression or exhibition of such emotion: gaiety.
- a state of happiness or felicity: bliss
- a source or cause of delight.
- Jumping is fun.
- Jumping is up lifting.
- Jumping is celebration.
- Jumping is good for your health.
- Jumping is silly, freeing and energizing.
- Jumping is a unique expression of who you are.
- You use your own energy, strength and determination to jump.
- Jumping for joy celebrates all that is good and positive in the world.
- Jumping gets your blood pumping and gives you an adrenaline rush.
- Jumping is a metaphor for life and a symbol for expressing and sharing joy.
I meet up with people to do jumping photo sessions with the intention of creating and sharing the energy of joy.
I take photos as people jump up into the air and share their energy of joy with the world. This fun, playful action symbolizes lifting ourselves and others up with the energy of joy.
By focusing on the energy of joy and creating a compilation of joyful photos, I am creating a unified community that showcases creativity, positivity, joy and fun that uplifts both participants and viewers.
Capturing the expression of joy through the simple act of jumping, reminds us to take ourselves and life a little less seriously, if just for a few moments.
There is an overwhelming movement and desire to create a better world, a better place to live, for everyone and I want to capture and share that energy.
Sharing Jump for Joy photos is my way to reach the true joy and childlike playfulness within people, and spread the powerful energy of joy around the world.
Let’s play, create positive images, laugh and Jump for Joy!